my first tattoo will be of makoto wearing his glasses
I reached 3000 followers! I really can’t believe all you wonderful people follow me! So to celebrate I thought it was about time for my first giveaway.
The books I’ve chosen are some of my favourites from this year so far so I hope you like them too! There will be two winners and the first winner will get a choice of any two books listed above, and the second winner will get a choice of one book listed above.
Please make sure you read the rules below, thank you.
- Since this giveaway is for my followers, You must be following me.
- Reblogs and likes count as entries. Feel free to reblog as much as you like but be careful not to spam your followers. Also no giveaway blogs allowed.
- This giveaway ends October 25th
- This giveaway is international as I will be buying and sending the books on book depository. But please make sure your country is listed on the book depository website as one it delivers to.
- As stated above if you win you will have a choice of any of the books pictured above, but if the book is in a series you can choose another in the same series, for example Heir of Fire is pictured above but if you haven’t read Throne of Glass yet you can choose that one. Also if there is an author above you enjoy but you have already read the book pictured above you can choose another book by that author, for example if you have read Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and now want Fangirl that is fine too!
- If you do win I will send you a message so please make sure your ask box is open! You will have 48 hours to respond or else I’ll be picking a new winner. You must also be willing to give me your full address or I wont be able to send the books.
I think that’s all for rules, you can always send me an ask if you think i’ve forgotten anything or you have any questions. Thank you all again for following me! I love you all! :)
(via booksandhotchocolate)Source: booksandsugarquills
”Women don’t belong in sci-fi”
”Women aren’t funny”
”Nobody wants to see ensemble women comedies”
”Women can’t write good action stories”
”Women can’t direct good movies”
”Women aren’t good authors”
”Women can’t be action stars”
(via likeablackbirdflying)Source: i-am-not-amused
Ron Weasley gives free ice cream to kids. Harry Potter talks about the importance of feminism and gay rights. Hermione Granger is a UN Goodwill Ambassador for Women.
The heroes of my childhood became the heroes of my adulthood.
and let’s not forget ginny weasley, who has joined the fight to end world hunger.
(via iamablondebrunette)Source: persephoneholly
When you are 13 years old,
the heat will be turned up too high
and the stars will not be in your favor.
You will hide behind a bookcase
with your family and everything left behind.
You will pour an ocean into a diary.
When they find you, you will be nothing
but a spark above a burning bush,
still, tell them
Despite everything, I really believe people are good at heart.
When you are 14,
a voice will call you to greatness.
When the doubters call you crazy, do not listen.
They don’t know the sound
of their own God’s whisper. Use your armor,
use your sword, use your two good hands.
Do not let their doubting
drown out the sound of your own heartbeat.
You are the Maid of Untamed Patriotism.
Born to lead armies into victory and unite a nation
like a broken heart.
When you are 15, you will be punished
for learning too proudly. A man
will climb onto your school bus and insist
your sisters name you enemy.
When you do not hide,
he will point his gun at your temple
and fire three times. Three years later,
in an ocean of words, with no apologies,
you will stand before the leaders of the world
and tell them your country is burning.
When you are 16 years old,
you will invent science fiction.
The story of a man named Frankenstein
and his creation. Soon after you will learn
that little girls with big ideas are more terrifying
than monsters, but don’t worry.
You will be remembered long after
they have put down their torches.
When you are 17 years old,
you will strike out Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig
one right after the other.
Men will be afraid of the lightening
in your fingertips. A few days later
you will be fired from the major leagues
because “Girls are too delicate to play baseball”
You will turn 18 with a baby on your back
leading Lewis and Clark
across North America.
You will turn 18
and become queen of the Nile.
You will turn 18
and bring justice to journalism.
You are now 18, standing on the precipice,
trembling before your own greatness.
This is your call to leap.
There will always being those
who say you are too young and delicate
to make anything happen for yourself.
They don’t see the part of you that smolders.
Don’t let their doubting drown out the sound
of your own heartbeat.
You are the first drop of a hurricane.
Your bravery builds beyond you. You are needed
by all the little girls still living in secret,
writing oceans made of monsters and
throwing like lightening.
You don’t need to grow up to find greatness.
You are stronger than the world has ever believed you to be.
The world laid out before you to set on fire.
All you have to do